BACK TO SITE
Terms (updated : 03/07/2017)
In these terms and conditions, “we”, “us”, “our” and “By Miles” means By Miles Ltd. Our registered office is at Oriel House, 2-8 Oriel Road, Bootle, L20 7EP.
Please read these Terms and conditions carefully. They set out the basis on which you are allowed to, and agree to, use our website at https://www.bymiles.co.uk (“Website”) and our mobile application (“App”) and the services and products available through them. Together these form our “Service”.
If you use our Service you must agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you must not use the Service.
Access to our Service
- The information provided by us on the Service is not in any way an invitation or recommendation to buy any products or services featured and you should seek appropriate advice.
- The information and services provided on our Service are intended for use solely by residents of the United Kingdom. Any services and information we provide to you at your request will be in respect of insurance policies, which are subject to English law. You must not use the Service in countries where you are restricted or prohibited from doing so by local laws, regulations, codes and/or customs.
- We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to the Service, but access may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
- We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on the Service from time to time.
- We assume no responsibility for the contents of any other websites linked to from our Service. Any link is not an endorsement.
- We do not give any warranty that use of the Service or material contained on it will not cause any damage to any property, including, but not limited to, loss of data or computer virus infection.
- You must not use the Service in any way that causes or is likely to cause access to be interrupted, or impaired in any way and you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for electronic communications sent from your computer.
- You must not the Service via automated devices, scripts, bots, spiders, crawlers or scrapers (except for standard search engine technologies) or use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract information from our Service.
Our Mobile App
- Depending on the version of the App you have downloaded, your use of the App shall also be governed by Apple’s or Google Android’s Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies (“Platform Terms”). If there is any conflict between these Terms and the Platform Terms then these Terms will prevail.
- You must be at least 17 years of age to download our App.
- We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to use the App for your personal, non-commercial use and only on an Apple or Android device (“Device”) as permitted by the applicable Platform Terms and these Terms.
- All other rights in the App are reserved by us and our licensors. You are responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing our App on your Device are aware of these Terms.
- You acknowledge that your agreement with your mobile network provider (“Mobile Provider”) will also apply to your use of the App. You also acknowledge that you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for data services or any other third party charges as may arise while using certain features of the App and you accept responsibility for such charges. If you are not the bill payer for the Device being used to access the App, we will assume that you have received permission to use the App from the bill payer.
User Account, Password and Security
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your details and your password and for restricting access to your computer and mobile telephone to prevent unauthorised access to your account.
- You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account, including all financial charges and legal liability.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your password is kept confidential. You agree that we will be entitled to assume that any person logging into the Service using your password is either you or someone with your permission.
- You agree to inform us immediately and set-up a new password if you have reason to believe your password is being used in an unauthorised manner, or any other breach of security.
Copyright and Trademarks
- The copyright of material contained in the Service, together with the design, text and graphics, and their selection and arrangement, and all software compilations, underlying source code and software belongs to us. All rights are reserved. None of this material may be reproduced or redistributed for any commercial purpose whatsoever without our written permission. You may, however, download or print a single copy for your own non-commercial off-line viewing.
- You may only use the Service for your own private non-professional use and not for commercial purposes. You may display, retrieve, print, copy or download the content of the Service in whole or in part for your personal use only. You may not otherwise transfer, copy, distribute, upload, transmit, modify, publish or reproduce the content in whole or in part in any material form without prior written consent from us.
- Logos, names, images and trademarks on the Service are our proprietary rights. Nothing confers on any user the right to use any such logo, name, image or trademark and any such use may constitute an infringement of our, or a relevant third party's, rights as owner.
Limitation of liability
- We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the data on the Service is accurate and to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained. We do not guarantee that the Service will be fault free and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
- Except where such liability cannot be excluded by law, we shall not be liable for any losses, damages, costs, claims, expenses or liabilities whatsoever (whether direct, indirect, special, consequential or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with inability to access the Service, reliance on the content of the Service or your use of the Service.
- We do not give any warranty that the Service is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
Product and services terms and conditions
- The content of the Service does not constitute an offer by us to sell products and services. Your request to purchase a product or service represents an offer by you that we may accept or reject depending on the terms and conditions of that product or service. After you make a request through the Service to purchase a product or service, on the basis that the product or service is available to you and your offer is accepted, you will receive confirmation of your purchase.
- The information on the Service does not necessarily represent complete details of all terms, conditions and exclusions and the precise cover provided will be included in the policy documents and other related documents issued to you.
- If you apply for any product or service detailed on the Service, these terms and conditions of use should be read in conjunction with any other terms and conditions relating to that product or service and, in the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and the specific product or service terms and conditions, the latter shall prevail.
- Prices and details of products and services posted on the Service are subject to change without notice. All products and services are subject to availability and we give no guarantee in this regard.
Use of personal information
- We may terminate your access to the Service it at any time.
- All disclaimers, indemnities and exclusions in these terms and conditions shall survive termination of the agreement between us for any reason.
Telephone calls and emails
Telephone calls using numbers provided on our Service and email correspondence with us as a result of your use of the Service may be recorded or monitored. By using these communication methods you are consenting to these activities occurring.
Messages sent over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure and may be subject to possible interception by third parties. For these reasons, please do not use email to send us communications that contain confidential information. We are not responsible for any messages sent over the internet and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss suffered in connection with any message sent over the internet. Please note that we are unable to provide insurance quotes and cover via email.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- We may modify these terms and conditions at any time by publishing the modified terms and conditions on this website. Any modifications shall take effect on the date they have been published on the website.
- If you breach these terms and conditions and we do not take action against you immediately we are still entitled to enforce our rights in respect of that breach or any subsequent breach.
- Before applying for an online quotation or online cover you should read this documentation and information carefully to ensure that you understand the contents.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions of use are governed by the law of England and Wales and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.BACK TO SITE